It was however, enough to make my fav Potato & Leek soup. Perfect for these freezing winter nights. Here is the recipe. . .
Potato & Leek Soup
- 4 large potatos (peeled, sliced thinly)
- 1 leek (washed, white and light green parts sliced thinly - discard the rest)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 piece of bacon (sliced & chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (smashed and chopped finely)
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock (just enough to cover the potatoes)
- 1/2 Cup of Thickening Cream
- Fresh Herbs (Optional - But I had some chives leftover)
- Butter & Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper (for seasoning)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, melt butter in olive oil over medium heat. Add Garlic, Bacon, Onions then Leeks. Sauté until onions are soft and starting to brown. Be careful not to over cook the leeks.
- Add the potatoes and pour in enough stock to cover the potatoes. Add water if necessary. Continue cooking over medium heat until potatoes become transparent and soft. Use a potato masher to break up the potatoes slices.
- Remove half the contents of the pot to a blender and process until desired consistency. Reduce to low heat.
- Add the processed contents back into the pot and mix together. Add Cream and stir.
- Stir in Chives and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve soup and season with some cayenne pepper.
Enjoy ~ !