recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.au
- 3-4 Large bananas, mashed (I use 4 because I had 4 left in my fridge)
- 2/3 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup soften butter (about 100g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pre-heat oven to 200C.
Combine and whisk flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl blend butter with the sugar until it goes a light creamy colour, add in egg then mashed bananas and vanilla.
Fold the wet mixture into the dry flour bowl. Be careful not to over stir.
Spoon the mixture into a buttered muffin tray. About 3/4 full. Bake for about 15-20 mins, until it starts to brown. Makes 6 large muffins.
- Cut the butter into small cubes so to soften it faster.
- I added about a couple of splashes of milk (about 1/4 cup) into the mixture at the end. The original recipe doesn't call for it, but I added it because my mixture was looked a bit gluggy and dry.