I've only managed to make simple things since moving into the apartment. Mostly because, every time I've looked up a new recipe, I would realise I was missing at least 2-3 ingredients. This I put down to my ridiculously small kitchen and it's non-existent pantry (read previous post on new kitchen and lack of space).
So ... its back to basics. :)
Oven Roasted Asparagus w/ Parmesan & Lemon Juice
- 2 bunches of Asparagus spears (thicker spears are better for oven grilling)
- Drizzle of 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Bend a stalk of Asparagus (near the thicker end), and let it snap naturally. The ends can be frozen to be used to make chicken stock later on.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper, then place Asparagus on top in a single layer
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper
- Place tray into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Asparagus should be tender when done
- Grate a couple of slices of Parmesan over the top and top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately
Here is some tips on getting the most out of a bag of lemons...Using either some freezer bags or sandwich bags and an ice-cube tray:
- Peel the Lemon rind and place in bag to be frozen.
- Juice of lemon can be frozen in batches using ice-cube trays to be used later on.