Dinner for One - Chicken in Milk.
recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver's TV show ~ 'Oliver's Twist'
- 1x Merryland Chicken Thigh Piece
- rind from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of whole dry sage (fresh if you have any)
- 3 whole cloves of garlic (smashed)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme (again..fresh if you have any)
- 1/2 a stick of cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (full cream works preferred)
- butter & olive oil
- salt & pepper
Using a small saucepan (one that the chicken thigh can just nicely fit into), melt the butter in the olive oil. Add garlic then chicken and brown on both sides. About 2 mins each.
Into the saucepan add in the milk, herbs and the cinnamon stick.
Bring the milk to a boil. Cover and continue to simmer on medium-low heat for about 35 mins. Until the chicken is cooked (ie. juices run clear) and the milk has started turning into little pre-cheese curdles.