14 September 2009

Choc Chip Banana Muffins

I'm stuck with some 'I-Think-I-Should-Throw-These-In-The-Bin' type bananas again. After throwing away the ones I don't even think I should attempt to peel, I was lucky enough to be left with enough bananas for my muffin recipe. I change my recipe a bit this time, and used 1 more egg, added some chocolate chips I had lying around and also added some rum extract to give it a bit more of a kick. :)

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
recipe originally adapted from allrecipes.com.au

  • 4 Large bananas (mashed)
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup soften butter (about 100g)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon rum extract
  • 1/3 cup of Dark Choc Chips

Method:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 200C.
  2. Sift and combine the flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl blend butter with the sugar until it goes a light creamy colour, add in the eggs then mashed bananas and vanilla and rum.
  3. Fold the wet mixture into the dry flour bowl. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips. Be careful not to over stir.
  4. Spoon mixture into a buttered muffin tray, about 3/4 full, then place into the oven for about 15-20 mins.
  5. You should be able to prick a toothpick into the center of the muffin and it should come out clean.



Makes 6 large muffins. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails