I prepped these last night so that we could have something to munch on while watching the Arsenal vs Barcelona match this morning. Its nearly 6.30am and the game is into its 80 minute mark soon. The score when I walked away to start up my laptop was 3-1 to Barcelona. :(
Oh well.... at least the chicken wings were yummy... :)
Chicken Wings with BBQ Sauce
- 1kg Chicken Wings (Tips discarded, Wings and Drumlette separated)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons dry spice mix
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- In a large bowl, marinate the pieces of the chicken wing with about 2 tablespoons of the dry spice mix. Then squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken wings. Mix well and cover the bowl with some cling wrap and place into the fridge to marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook the wings, remove from the fridge and pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Arrange wings over a cake cooling rack (sitting over a tray to catch the drippings) and bake for about 20 mins.
- Remove from oven and generously brush each wing with some BBQ sauce. Switch the oven to the grill setting and return the wings to the oven for another 2-3 mins
- Take the tray out, flip the wings over, brush with BBQ sauce and return to grill for another 2-3 mins.
- You should be able to see the BBQ sauce start to bubble and caramelise. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.