We opted for Charcoal BBQ chicken from our local for dinner last night. I think their Charcoal BBQ chicken is one of the better ones in Sydney. However, their chips are just the plain old frozen ones that goes straight from the bag into the oil. Sigh.. If only they do hand-cut chips... then that would be perfect !
So I put these together instead.
The dijon mustard mixture gives the potatoes a light, tangy edge thats makes me able to consume more than my usual carbohydrate intake.
The mustard also keeps these babies from getting too brown as the potatoes cook, and also keeps them very moist.... And did I mention a rather tasty coating !? :)
Oven Baked Dijon Potatoes
- 2 - 3 potatoes (washed, cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (unpeeled, smashed)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Leave the skin on.
- Smash the garlic with the flat side of a knife. Combine with the remaining ingredients into medium bowl and mix well.
- Add potatoes and toss well to coat. Add a couple of grinds of salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in the oven on a baking dish and bake at 200C for about 35 minutes.
- You should be able to easily insert a knife into one of the potato cubes when they are done.
- Discard the garlic clove.