These are the Pork Buns we made with the Momofuku Pork Belly...
Pork Buns - Momofuku Pork Belly
- Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Cucumber - Cut into 1/8 pieces with the seeds & watery parts removed
- Couple of Sprigs of Spring onion - White to light green parts only, cut into 5cm pieces
- Steam Buns - 'Man Tou' from my local Asian grocery store.
- Momofuku Pork Belly pieces - sliced just over 1cm thick.
- Retrieve the pork belly from the fridge and slice into pieces just over 1cm thick.
- Heat up the pork belly pieces in the oven. (about 160C).
- While that is heating up, bring a wok with some water to boil and use it as a steamer to cook the Steam buns according to the packet instructions. This should take about 5 mins
- Slice the steam buns down the middle, and open up the steam buns.
- Place one piece of pork belly with sliced cucumber and spring onion and about 1 teaspoon (or more) of Hoisin Sauce
- Close up the bun and consume immediately. :)
There is a recipe for proper steam buns, but I didn't really have the time to do it. Next time..next time I will. :)